Jellico Regional Hospital is a full-service emergency care facility providing emergency services 24 hours a day. Jellico Regional Hospital is a full-service emergency care facility providing emergency services 24 hours a day. The department provides care to patients of all ages and those with diagnoses ranging from non-emergent complaints to life-threatening conditions. The Emergency Department is a Level 4 trauma center that provides emergency healthcare for all types of injuries and illnesses. MRH participates in State programs related to Trauma, Heart Attacks, and Stroke Systems.
Jellico Regional Hospital Emergency Department has 6 rooms, two consisting of Trauma Rooms, all of which are equipped with monitoring services. Respiratory therapy, laboratory, radiology, and other invasive and non-invasive services are immediately available to the patient population needing them. All physicians on staff in Jellico Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department are specialty-trained in Emergency Medicine. Additionally, the emergency department is staffed with Registered Nurses that are certified in pediatric advanced life support, adult advanced life support, and trauma.
Jellico Regional Hospital’s full-service laboratory offers clinical, pathology and cytology services to physicians and patients. Our laboratory is equipped with the latest technology and experienced professional staff. Our professional staff are highly trained and dedicated to placing the patient first and meeting your needs.
Jellico Regional Hospital benefits health care providers and their patients by: Providing convenient, local access to STAT and routine testing 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergency and inpatients. Offering an extensive test menu for our patients and physician convenience. Providing outreach services to nursing homes, home health care, assisted living facilities and physician clinics.
Outpatient Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- MNT is an evidence-based nutrition service provided by a Registered Dietitian to prevent, delay, or manage diseases and conditions.
- Provides multiple visits with an in-depth nutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis, and intervention treatment plan.
- MNT improves the health and quality of life for individuals with: Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease, Cardiovascular Disease (hypertension, dyslipidemia, congestive heart failure), Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Weight disorders (overweight/obesity, bariatric surgery, eating disorders).
- Wide variety of conditions covered by Medicare and private insurances.
We tailor each individual’s therapy plan to his or her unique needs. Jellico Regional Therapy Services is a leader in therapy expertise. We staff and operate inpatient and outpatient therapy services to provide patients and residents with physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our goal for patients is simple: to help them to live dignified and optimally independent lives. We tailor each individual’s therapy plan to his or her unique needs. Our physical therapists help patients to regain their strength and balance, prevent falls, increase range of motion, and decrease pain. Through therapeutic exercise programs, patients can increase their strength, muscle function, coordination, endurance, and mobility. This is especially important after a fall, injury, or surgery.
Jellico Regional Therapy Services is a leader in therapy expertise. We staff and operate inpatient and outpatient therapy services to provide patients and residents with physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our goal for patients is simple: to help them to live dignified and optimally independent lives. We tailor each individual’s therapy plan to his or her unique needs. Our occupational therapists help patients to safely and independently perform activities of daily living, including cooking, bathing and dressing. Using a wide range of interventions, our therapists adapt tasks and modify the environment to enhance each patient’s ability to function in their physical and social environment. They provide sensorimotor treatments for strength, endurance, range of motion, coordination and balance, as well as therapeutic activities for memory, orientation, cognitive integration and daily life skills.
Jellico Regional Hospital’s Department of Radiology offers state-of-the-art imaging in a professional and personal setting. Our radiology department is covered 24/7 by a licensed Radiology Technologist. Our studies are interpreted by a licensed Radiologist and most results will be relayed to your Physician within 24 hours. Jellico Regional Hospital is accredited by the American College of Radiology in CT and MRI. We are pleased to offer various radiology services including:
General Radiology (X-ray)
- CT (Computed Tomography or CAT Scan)
The Respiratory Care Department provides services twenty-four hours a day, seven days per week for inpatients and emergent patients. Pulmonary Function Testing, Pulmonary Rehab, & Cardiac Rehab are available Monday – Friday between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm by appointment.
- Airway Management, Bronchodilator Therapy, Bronchial Hygiene Therapy, Expansion Therapy, Oxygen Therapy, Ventilator, CPAP, & BIPAP Management, Arterial Blood Gas Analysis, Patient Assessment and treatment protocols, Patient education, EKGs, Pulmonary Function Tests, 24-48 hour Holter Monitoring, Smoking Cessation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation – designed for those who have been diagnosed with asthma, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or other lung diseases. This outpatient program lasts for 12 weeks and includes monitored exercise and education. A maintenance phase is offered at the end of the program, encouraging the continuation of a healthy lifestyle and regular exercise
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – is a program for individuals who have had a heart attack, heart surgery, or who have symptoms of coronary artery disease. A Cardiac Rehab outpatient program generally lasts 12 weeks. Monitored exercise is introduced, and education classes are held weekly to educate participants on stress management, risk factors, and eating for a healthy heart. A maintenance program is offered at the end of the 12 weeks.
Swing Bed Program
Swing Bed is a Medicare program designed to provide additional inpatient care to those needing extra time to heal or strengthening. The term “Swing Bed” refers to the use of hospital beds for either acute or skilled nursing care. Our Swing Bed Program offers a much-needed service for patients who no longer need acute hospital care, but do need skilled nursing or therapy care to complete their recovery.